Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Going "vintage"

It's occurred to me that to truly get into the spirit of things for the 2016 Distinguished Gentleman's ride, I should be riding an older vintage motorcycle or scooter.  While I love my 2008 Kymco Xciting scooter, it's not really "vintage."

"Vintage" according the to the Merriam Webster dictionary is defined as "used to describe something that is not new but that is valued because of its good condition, attractive design, etc."  While my beloved Kymco (or Kimmie as I like to refer to her as) fits the strict definition in my understanding of the definition.   She fails in two very important ways.

She is not that old.

Nor is her style exactly "classical."

When people think of scooters they are thinking about the lines of a Vespa.  Not the modern sleek design of my Kimmie. 

To the right is a picture of a more traditional and vintage scooter against my more modern Kimmie. 

Dressing up in vintage clothing and going out for a ride is all fun and games.  If I happen to raise some money for a good cause then so much the better.  I'm just hoping that Kimmie doesn't stick out like a sore thumb to much...I know, I'm worried about nothing and I know she can hold her own against nearly any bike on the road. 

I'm letting my social anxiety show.  Call it the curse of an introvert. 

No comments: