Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Something from nothing?

At work the other day, I was asked about my Kimmie again.  The usual questions about speed, licensing, safety and costs.  It's that time of year again, as I look at the statistics on this site show that my posts about what to look for when buying a scooter and what maxi scooter may work for someone seem to grow.  I'm happy with that.  If one person buys something that suits them because of me, then as a blogger I did something right.

I passed on the info to them.  I had recommending a motorcycle safety class and a dealer I trust.

I've been commuting pretty regularly lately and even have taken a few back roads in just to break up the commute and for the change of scenery.  It's felt good.  I'm still not sure if I'm ready to take on unknown roads and I'll admit I'm a little more weary of rainy weather than I used to be.  For example today there will be a 50% percent chance of rain.  In the past I would have debated all day about riding in and would have ridden in if the rain chance was under 45% for sure.  Now, I know I'm taking the car because I'm reducing the risk of incident or accident.

But I'm riding again.  I'm riding more than I did.  I'm starting to feel that fever grow.  I'm not back 100% but I will be soon enough.  I rode more this week than the week before, and the week before that.  I am gaining my confidence back


The lawyers still are not allowing me to talk about the events earlier this year.    Things need to be settled and debated and I'm still processing things.   So, truth be told, there is not much to report this week...and considering how I'll be in Jacksonville, FL on business starting the 18th for a week.  Nothing to report then either.

I do hope to get out a little more this time to explore Jacksonville, I will be honest and state there is a position there that I may apply for, although that means giving up a lot of what I've worked so hard to build here in Tampa; and therefore may not be worth it.

Sadly though...there is really nothing to report.  It happens sometimes to even the best of writers (of which I am not one).  So this week I think I'll just watch the World Cup.  Ride when and where I can and read up on things to do in Jacksonville.    When I return, I'll have something interesting.


No comments: